About Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort
Nestled between the foothills of the Hajar Mountains and the glistering Indian Ocean, the Resort transports guests into a surreal realm of the eclectic flavors and extraordinary entertainment, palaces of pampering and exotic adventures. Reflecting the mosaic of cultures that rested up here long ago, the interplay of Arabic, Moroccan and Eastern design themes infuse the entire resort. Soft lanterns, Moorish balconies and a Mediterranean open air amphitheatre add unique character to a sprawling boutique-hotel ambience. Located on the East Coast of the United Arab Emirates, 140 km from Dubai and 45 km away from Fujairah National Airport, this peaceful sanctuary is guaranteed to redefined elegance and graceful atmosphere. Whether it's exploring the emirate historical attractions or just lounging on the beach, Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort is the perfect place to soak it all in. Along with unique blend of traditional Arabian hospitality, luxurious accommodations and unrivalled service, guests are guaranteed to have a vacation like nowhere else.
Hotel facilities are excellent and are championed by the standard of the rooms. They are truly luxuriously appointed and the vast majority face the Indian ocean. Outstanding gourmet standard food is served in four excellent restaurants and three bars provide a chic and sophisticated ambience. A selection of shops, a health club and gym, temperature controlled outdoor and indoor pools are also readily available. Free shuttle buses are provided twice a week to malls in Dubai and Fujairah City and guests can indulge in a variety of water sports including windsurfing, diving, snorkelling and kayaking.The on-site 5-Star PADI scuba dive centre "Divers Down" provides diving courses from try-dives to instructor as well as 3 daily dives for certified divers.
Supervises the cleanliness, maintenance and the general appearance of guest rooms and public areas as well as other areas designated (front/back) of the house and sees that all Housekeeping personnel are carrying out the duties assigned to them, as per standards of the company. Plans and controls his/her department. Close co-ordination between Front Office, Engineering, Food and Beverage as well as the Guest Relation regarding regular and especially irregular guest requests. To maintain our standards of quality and service and facilities in all departments over which he/she has responsibility and authority. He/she is responsible for the overall smooth and economical running of the Housekeeping department. Assisting the management in supervising and implementing the Operational Standards as well as the Hotel’s internal rules and regulations.
* Responsible for all hotel Housekeeping/Laundry functions, cleaning, guest supplies, linen equipment, work orders to Engineering department. Controls cost and expenses to ensure that the budget is reached.
* Organization of Housekeeping and Laundry.
* Compilation of and adherence to financial budgets within her field.
* Co-operation with hotel’s Front Office and Engineering.
* Ensures the overall cleanliness of the hotel, including accurate scheduling of periodical cleaning plans, etc.
* She informs himself constantly about new cleaning machinery, cleaning chemicals and cleaning procedures arising on the market.
* Supervises compliance to hotel rules and regulations and exercises disciplinary measures as needed.
* Conducts hotel inspections.
* Prepares and/or adjusts departmental job descriptions for each job category.
* Controls, requests and purchases all supplies related to Housekeeping and Laundry as well as the linen and uniforms for all other departments.
* Controls inventories and costs of linen, guest and cleaning supplies, controls Housekeeping equipment.
* Keeps records of linen inventory, uniforms and other applicable items.
* Supervises and controls Lost and Found, maintains records and mails packages to clients.
* Works closely with the Front Office and Engineering department to ensure best possible service to maintain flow of clean rooms for re-sale, responsible for checking VIP rooms.
* Involves in annual budget.
* Promotes teamwork within the department as well as a sense of fairness.
* Health & Safety: To ensure that all staff in the Housekeeping department knows and understands safety procedures and effective reporting is maintained.
* Ensures all staff has a safe environment within which to work and ensures all staff adopts safe working habits.
* Checks regularly the night shift for cleaning.
* If outside contractors are involved, regular checks about work performance should be scheduled.
* Assists the management in the selection of rooms for partial and complete renovation. Maintains rooms condition records.
* Co-ordinates for stripping all project rooms, coordinating of furnishings, and completion on time of contractors work to satisfaction of hotel. Setting up and cleaning rooms ready for re-sale.
* To regularly inspect guest rooms, VIP rooms and corridors, lobby, public toilets, etc. to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness.
* To effectively handle all guest complaints concerning the Housekeeping, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer. Co-ordinates proper actions with other departments, informs General Manager.
* Ensures all housekeeping staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures and is in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
* Execution of regular technical/skills training. Is responsible for setting up and maintaining ongoing training programs in her department in conjunction with the Personnel & Training Manager.
* Maintains a monthly overview of vacation- and public holiday balance of all her staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the Human Resources Manager.
* Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for her field of responsibility.
* Assumes responsibility of Duty Manager when scheduled to do so.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent
* Good English Communication Skills
* Preferably GCC or UAE Experience with 5* Hotel.
* Can join immediately.